Stress and Anxiety Relief
- Valerian Root can help with anxiety, stress, headaches, and hypochondria.
- Chamomile Flowers are a popular herb to take for helping individuals sleep, relieve anxiety, and reduce mental stress.
- Ginkgo Leaf is perhaps best-known for its ability to boost brain health. Studies say that gingko can treat patients with mild to moderate dementia and can slow cognition decline in dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects (two factors that may benefit brain health and overall health).
Cold & Flu Relief
- Elderberry is particularly rich in flavonoids, especially anthocyanins. In addition to their culinary uses, elderberries are commonly used in cough syrups and used to treat symptoms of flu, colds and constipation.
- Echinacea Purpurea studies have found that this plant may help your immune system combat infections and viruses, which could help you recover faster from illness.
- Eucalyptus can easily made into an essential oil, or a brewed into a tea to help soothe a soar throat or relieve a stuffed nose.
- Ginger can limit the production of cytokines and the activity of cyclooxygenase enzymes, which promote inflammation. Research has found that the anti-inflammatory properties of ginger could be useful in treating several conditions, including arthritis and pain.
- Cloves have a long history of help with inflammation of the mouth and throat.
- Green Tea studies have shown that it can be an effective anti-inflammatory, particularly in the treatment of arthritis. It can also reduce inflammation of the digestive tract.